Perhaps it's just me but I feel each year as I get older, I really need to up the ante on this Mother's Day malarkey. The email that arrived in my inbox last week from Apple suggesting I treat my mum to an iPad assured me, if nothing else, that gone are the days where a home made card with a paper doili on the front & a bunch of flowers from Tesco's would suffice. All joking aside though, one thing is for sure, I do feel that with every year I appreciate even more the things that she does for me & how lucky I am just to have her around! So for me Mother's Day is just about saying a big old fashioned THANK YOU but it's nice to give her a little something for her troubles too so here's my definitive Mother's Day Gift Guide (covering a variety of price points)!
1) Why buy an overpriced bunch of flowers that won't last more than a week when you can gift the scent of them for months! This gorgeous 'Flowers' candle from The White Company costs just £20, smells divine & is the bouquet that just keeps on giving!
2) If nothing else, Mother's Day should be about catching up & spending some quality time with your mum so why not book an afternoon tea treat for you both? There are plenty of offers available through Last Minute & loads of places to choose from.
3) This little trinket jar is adorable & perfect for the bathroom or to sit on a dressing table. It's the ideal place to store jewellery or hair accessories etc & is available from Not On The High Street for £8.
4) As much as I love switching up my phone covers with the seasons, mums aren't necessarily so fickle! Treat her to a stylish phone protector from Mulberry for £80.
5) Buying your mum anti ageing products (unless on request) doesn't always go down well (a lesson I learnt the hard way in my teens) so if you're looking to gift the ultimate skincare product this Mother's Day treat her to the infamous Creme de La Mer & you'll be in her good books until March 2014! Mind the hefty price tag though at £100 for 30ml.
6) If you'd rather splash your cash on giving your mum a time out from it all (but can't quite afford that all expenses paid trip to Barbados) then a spa voucher is ideal. Go with her or let her spend the day relaxing & enjoying her own company! The Sanctuary Spa experience comes highly recommended though again, Last Minute & similar companies often have deals on!
7) I love this idea! The personalised front door sketch is a perfect reminder of where it all began (so to speak) whether you've moved or are still living in the same house full of memories I think the front door sketch is ultimate keepsake at £35 (unframed). You can even add a beautifully hand written personalized message free of charge.
8) Super cute & perfect if it's only pocket money you've got to spare at just £5.99. This lovely embroidered key ring is the perfect size to help her find her keys in her bottomless bag & a gentle reminder of just how fab you think she is!
9) Why not surprise her with your baking skills (or maybe leave it to the professionals)? Treat her to this delicious box of personalised Mother's Day cupcakes from Lola's Cupcakes for just £15.60. Delivery available depending on your post code.